Each Monday, our mailboxes are filled with comic books, cards, and other collectibles. We selected a few of the highlights to share with you.Read More
At the time of writing, issue #1 had a few successful CGC 9.8 eBay sales for December:
- A cover B variant (purchased by me) at $56
- A variant cover for $59.99 (and free shipping)
- Three standard covers going for at least $86 (two were "offer accepted", but listed at $114.99)
Current active listings show:
- Standard covers going for a minimum of $114 plus shipping
- Cover B variants going for anywhere from $93 with shipping to $199 with shipping
- Other variants going in the $140 to $220 range
A pretty significant increase since December, when the news was announced. There are, however, plenty of ungraded copies on eBay in the $15+ range, if you'd like to go that route.
Definitely an issue and series worth keeping an eye on, as we get closer to premiere. Follow issue #1 of Deadly Class on Relic Scout today.
Today's Speculator's Corner focus is Young Avengers (2005) #1 from Marvel. Not only does this issue feature the first appearance of Kate Bishop, who has made rumblings as a potential Netflix series, but also the first appearance of Wiccan (one of Scarlet Witch and Vision's children), who is rumored to appear in the fourth Avengers movie coming out in 2018. Speed, Wiccan's twin brother and also rumored to appear, makes his first appearance in Young Avengers #10.
At the time of writing, eBay is showing a few successful sales:
- CGC 9.8 for 75.99 (free shipping)
- Two CGC 9.8s for 74.99 each (including $15 shipping)
- CGC 9.8 for $76 (including $15 shipping)
- CGC 9.8 for $65.95 (including $13.95 shipping)
- CGC 9.8 for 84.99 (including $15 shipping)
Current live listings are going for well north of $100, so there is definitely some marketplace inflation in play. This issue is definitely worth watching on Relic Scout.
Casting news from Daredevil Season 3 on Netflix, gives us a potential new villain in Sin-Eater. Stanley Carter, aka Sin-Eater, debuted in Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #107 as a NYPD officer who becomes "obsessed with killing anyone who sinned by abusing authority."
As of writing this, there are currently two active listings for a CGC Spectacular Spider-Man #107:
- CGC 9.6 for $81 (including shipping)
- CGC 9.8 for $199 (plus $20 shipping)
There are zero recent Sold listings to compare against, making pricing a little difficult to go by for graded slabs. Monitor this issue on Relic Scout.
There are, however, plenty of high quality ungraded books available, priced below $15 at the time of writing.
Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting’s Velvet is being adapted for TV
Source: Hollywood Reporter
Velvet is a female-driven spy thriller that revolves around former spy Velvet as she sets out to settle an ancient score built on lies in a new world of ongoing espionage.
Velvet #1 (9.8 CGC) is showing a 12-month price of around $39 and a 3-month price of nearly $50. Since the announcement, two 9.8 eBay sales have been completed: one at $49.95 and one at $99. I scooped up the last $49.95 listing to bring the total to three graded sales since the announcement. I plan to re-list with pricing similar to the other 9.8 listings, in the $100 range.
Check out the Velvet #1 page on RelicScout.com to browse other listings and add the issue to your want list.